Job Title: Education Specialist/Expert
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Full Time, Consultancy (6-8 months)
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an Education Specialist/Expert for the anticipated USAID-funded Performance Evaluation of Education Activities in Morocco. The Performance Evaluation of the Education sector of USAID/Morocco's programming include evaluation of several active awards, the USAID/Morocco Project Appraisal Document (PAD), and how these support the Development Objectives of USAID/Morocco.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that operational research is consistent with requested activities;
- Develop, manage, and analyze the requested assessment, research and analytical activities;
- Work with the Program Manager/Senior Education Advisor to strengthen the collection, storage and use of data related to this Task Order;
- Manage and coordinate DC- and field-based research specialists, and any other staff responsible for requested research activities and related reporting;
- Ensure that data gathering methodologies are gender, disability-inclusive, and conflict sensitive, and are meeting rigorous standards;
- Ensure all research is consistently and systematically tracked and reported.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience working on technical and/or operational issues related to development;
- Subject matter expertise on education;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep to a timeline;
- Advanced interpersonal skills that enable effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders such as government officials, civil society partners, and donors;
- Preferred: Extensive demonstrable experience in Northern Africa and the Middle East, particularly Morocco.
- At least 7 years of experience in teacher education, training or with research related to education in development work, with demonstrated results;
- Strong knowledge and professional background in education;
- Good knowledge of gender equity issues in primary education, especially in the region;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Arabic, French and English;
- Preferred: experience in the education/reading sector in Morocco.
Working Environment: Corporate office environment as well as field work.
Education: Advanced degree in Education, International Development, International Relations, other Social Sciences, or a related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: The candidate is required to travel to Morocco.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.