Job Title: Team Leader
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Consultancy (1-3 months)
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Team Leader for the anticipated USAID Career Center Mid Term Evaluation project. This position is contingent upon successful award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the Project;
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID/Morocco on management and technical matters;
- Supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and reporting requirements;
- Coordinate among USAID and key stakeholders;
- Offer technical oversight and guidance for various research, assessment, analytical, and training activities;
- Monitoring project progress against USAID standards and targeted results.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience working on technical and/or operational issues related to development;
- Subject matter expertise on economic growth and trade;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep to a timeline;
- Advanced interpersonal skills that enable effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders such as government officials, civil society partners, and donors;
- Extensive, demonstrable experience in MENA region, particularly in Morocco preferred.
- Experience in the economic/trade sector in Morocco is preferable.
- At least of 10 years of working experience in economic and trade sector related to development (7 of those years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience with programs of a similar scope and scale to this activity is required);
- Strong knowledge and professional background in economic development and trade;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Arabic, French and English;
Working Environment: Corporate office environment as well as field work.
Education: Advanced degree in Economics, International Trade, International Development, International Relations, other Social Sciences, or a related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledge, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.