International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over 100 countries and implemented nearly 300 projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), Research and Learning across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, agriculture and food security, economic growth, education, environment, global health and humanitarian assistance.
Job Title: Graphic Recorder
Department/Location: Washington, D.C/ Worldwide
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Overview: IBCTI seeks a Visual Communicator and Graphic Recorder to attend and record the discussions at a 1- day conference in Freetown, Sierra Leone. The purpose of this learning conference (with approximately 100-150 participants) is to bring together country-wide mission staff, IPs, government counterparts, stakeholders and beneficiaries to share knowledge, research, results, and experiences and to engage private sector and media to better tell the stories within Sierra Leone, to other Ebola affected countries, and the American public.
Overall Goals and Objectives of the learning conference in Sierra Leone are:
• Share learning that will strengthen country-led efforts and build capacity of governments, USAID/Sierra Leone, and implementing partners for enhanced resilience and sustainable development.
• Share with Government stakeholders and US audiences lessons learned and best practices that are contributing to the Government of Sierra Leone national agenda for prosperity.
• Offer recommendations to the Government of Sierra Leone and other key stakeholders to advance actions for sustainability and resilience to manage future shocks.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Visual Communicator/Graphic Recorder will capture the content, milestones, and discussion using the tools of visual communications (real-time images, quotes, concepts, connections) during the meeting. The content will be used to chart out next steps following the conference. The Visual Communicator/Graphic Recorder will provide real time graphic illustrations for all sessions on the agenda. Successful candidates must have the following:
• Minimum 3 years experience working in high-level health and government settings.
• Familiarity with concepts of government, health, and decision-making.
• Previous experience in visual and graphic recording at day-long meetings, conferences, and events.
• Strong skills in management of time, scope, quality, communication, etc.
• Ability to turn complex conversations and information into simple, compelling images.
• Diplomacy skills and ability to work and communicate with high-level government stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fluency in English (written and spoken).
• At least 3 years of relevant experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively through visual communication.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: The candidate is required to travel as required by the SOW.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.