International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Mid-Level/Senior-Level Knowledge Management and Learning Consultant
Department/Location: Global Health
Reports To: Knowledge Management Director, Ebola Pillar II MEL, or designee
Overview: Pillar II Ebola MEL Activity Description: USAID’s Ebola Pillar II efforts - mitigating second-order impacts including blunting the economic, social and political consequences in the region – has four sub-components: 1) food security; 2) recovery of health systems and non-Ebola emergency health services, 3) governance and economic crisis mitigation (GECM), and 4) innovation, technology and partnership. These four components, listed in the USAID Africa Bureau’s M&E Framework for Pillar II, include mutually supportive interventions in six sectors or thematic areas: agriculture and food security; health services and systems; education; governance; economic crisis mitigation; and information, communication and technology.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
The ICT and KM/Communications Specialist (CS) will collaborate with the KM Director, COP and the M&E Director as well as the consultants, clients, mission-based staff, to conduct an ICT and KM assessment of USAID/AFR Bureau and the three countries missions that we support, Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. In addition to the ICT and KM assessment and support, we would like this candidate to act as a point of contact in the planning process to the Liberia mission in conducting a learning conference scheduled for early 2018. IBTCI would like a consultant who is highly knowledgeable of the Ebola Pillar II project and has highly quality experience and knowledge about ICT systems, KM, and Learning. The consultant will be a member of an overall Planning Committee (for three countries) as well as a point of contact for Liberia, and be expected to participate in the conference calls and support the IBTCI KM Director.
Possible opportunities could include:
• Configure and deploy a set of cloud-based tools to help USAID manage Pillar 2 information and knowledge.
• Facilitate learning groups that collaborate and co-create knowledge that promotes the resilience and sustainability of post-Pillar 2 programs.
• Support KM activities at learning conferences in West Africa.
• Run idea competitions on the web that advances post-Pillar 2 innovation.
• Provide in-country training on how to enhance Mission KM and learning in coordination with monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
• Actual opportunities will be in response to demand from USAID in Washington and the West African Missions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High level of experience with web platforms and systems including Drupal, MS Excel, and Google applications, electronic communications, social media, and knowledge management principles
• High level of knowledge about information communication technology, specializing in the development, installation, and service of these hardware and software systems
• Experience working with USAID and USAID Missions
• Strong technical report writing skills
• Problem solver and results oriented
• Able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment
• At least ten years of direct experience with KM or learning at USAID
• Experience working with field Missions desired
• Strong understanding of KM and communications technologies
• Facilitation and training skills
• Experience working in West Africa preferred
Education: Master’s degree or equivalent in communications or social sciences; emphasis on ICT aspect of international development, communications, knowledge management, international development, or related fields.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
Travel: Travel to USAID/Sierra Leone and USAID/Guinea to conduct on-site training of the KM System to their staff.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.